Lawyers Top 5 Tips for using ‘Favorites’ on twitter by Legaleaglemhm
Ok so you are busy! Part of your day both in a professional capacity and in your private life involves dipping in and out of social media.
It may appear that I am always on twitter but I will let you into my secret, I may be ‘on ‘ logged into social media but I manage my twitter use to fit around my work and family life. I’ve been on twitter since 2009 and these are some of the things I have learned over the years.
This blog post will tell you how to do it using ‘favorites’
Here is my top 5 ways of using the ‘favorite ‘ button on twitter.
First of all if you notice that I have favorite one of your post it does not necessarily mean
- That I like it
- That I endorse it
- Or that I will necessarily RT it.
Here is how I use ‘Favorites’ on twitter
- Bookmark – If I see a post that is of interest to me I will favourite it as a bookmark for reading later. I tend to read these book-marked posts late at night when I am settling down for the evening once my children are settled. It’s the time of day that I can read, think and plan. If your post makes it onto my favourite list then I will read it as some time.
- Follow list – If I see a post from a tweeter that is of interest to me and I want to check out their Bio and look at some of their posts before I decide to follow them I will hit the favourite button to review later. Many of the people I follow have been discovered this way.
- Unfollow List – yes, sometimes I see a post that I don’t like. Perhaps it is insensitive or on a topic I find distasteful or not of interest to me. As a busy professional I do not have the time to seriously review all of the people I follow so I use the favorites button to highlight their post that I can review later and then hit the Unfollow button and at times the blocked button.
- Blog Post list – I love blogs, reading blogs, writing blogs, and thinking about blogs. I haven’t bought a newspaper in around 5/6 years and that is because I prefer blogs. Sometimes a blog article will appear on my twitter feed and I might think I have something to say on the subject, perhaps the inspiration for an additional post of my own. My favorites button helps me to highlight blogs for me to subscribe to and ideas to throw into my think tank.
- List List List – I make lists, it’s kind of what I do. Funny tweeters, legal tweeters, and foodies you get the picture I use the favorites button to highlight tweeters that I want to add to a list.
I hope this blog gives you some ideas of how to effectively use ‘favorites ‘ on twitter, manage your time effectively and of course find great sources of information and wonderful people.
Add this tweet to your ‘favorites’
You can follow me on twitter @Legaleaglemhm
Michelle L Hynes
Legal Process Engineer